Truck Driver Training Program
This four week course is considered a staple for training in the truck driving industry. The primary objective of this course is to ensure that students are familiar with the procedures and skills necessary while preparing to obtain a commercial driver’s license.
Classes offered in the DAY, EVENING & WEEKENDS
The first week of training is a combination of classroom training and field training.
Some of the topics include:
- Safety techniques
- In-dept study of DOT safety, rules and regulations.
- Preparation for the six tests that all commercial drivers need to pass before getting behind the wheel.
- Practice proper log book procedures.
- Job search techniques
The next three weeks of training are all hands on and behind-the-wheel training. Students will learn:
- Pre-trip examination and terminology
- Backing and docking techniques
- City and highway driving and how it relates to safety
- Up-shifting and down-shifting
- Emergency procedures
- Hooking and unhooking of trailers
- Training in a variety of trucks
- Invaluable critiques and guidance from our professional instructors.